Blind Veterans UK Badges through the ages
Since our foundation in 1915, we have given badges to blind veterans. This is so that not only can they be identified as beneficiaries of the charity, but also provides a sense of community and comradeship.
In 2013 our Llandudno centre was offically opened with a special ceremony and commemorative monolith in the centre's grounds.
7th May 2015 was the 100th anniversary of the torpedoing of the RMS Lusitania. The attack on this ship was integral to the events of the First World War, and one passenger's involvement plays an important role in the history of Blind Veterans UK.
As we commemorate the forming of the Home Guard 75 years ago, we look at how Blind Veterans UK also carried on at home
The dramatic society kept our veterans in good spirits during WWII when the charity had moved to Church Stretton in Shropshire for safety.
An embroided Grand Altar frontal made by injured soldiers during World War One, currently on display at St Paul's Cathedral.
In 1916, we had our own mascot in the form of St Dunstan, the goat.
The revolutionary Kurzweil machine has a history entwined with our own
In the 1920s, football was very popular among blind veterans. We even played against Arsenal!